Monday, February 9, 2009

Michael Jordan


He is known to be the greatest basketball player of all time. With such an amazing talent, he led the famous Chicago Bulls to a 6 championships. He made basketball a very well known sports throughout the world. It was year 1990 when I first saw Jordan played on TV. I was really amazed of the way he play. Even with his height at 6'6", he could just drive to the hoop against guys who are taller than him. That made me love the word "basketball".

He became my hero and my idol. My grandfather and I always watch Bulls' game before. I can still remember how Michael Jordan cried after they won their first championship. We never missed all the Chicago Bulls' finals' games. Games against the Lakers, Blazers, Suns, Supersonics, and Jazz.

Here are some of the achievements he have made when he was still in the NBA> He was only the second player (after Wilt Chamberlain) to score 3,000 points in a single season (1986–87). Jordan was named the NBA's Most Valuable Player (MVP) five times (1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998) and was also named Defensive Player of the Year in 1988. In October 1993, after leading the Bulls to their third consecutive championship, Jordan retired briefly to pursue a career in professional baseball. He returned to basketball in March 1995. In the 1995–96 season Jordan led the Bulls to a 72–10 regular season record, the best in the history of the NBA.

There's this one interview with Larry bird, he was asked if what can he say about Michael Jordan, he answered, "I think he is God disguise is Michael Jordan". That was really something coming from one of the NBA legends.

I miss watching him play. I havent heard much about Michael Jordan lately. But im proud to say that I was part of the generation where we have seen the greatest basketball player played basketball.

No comments: