Thursday, February 12, 2009

Marijuana


A lot of debates have been made if Marijuana should be legalized or not. I would say that they should legalize it. For me Marijuana is not a drug. It's also like a cigarette but better. Let me give you some information about Marijuana.
Marijuana or marihuana or ganja(Cannabis sativa), drug obtained from the flowering tops, stems, and leaves of the hemp plant, Cannabis sativa (see hemp) or C. indica; the latter species can withstand colder climates. Marijuana, commonly referred to as weed, is the most common illegal drug in America. It is also one of the most commonly used drugs in the world. But as what I have said for me its not drugs.
A lot of them said that pot is addictive and causes harm to developing brains and lungs. But I definitely disagree to that. A fact sheet about marijuana used to treat chemotherapy-induced nausea, vomiting , anorexia, and cachexia in cancer patients. AS you can see the difference between using pot and ciggy is that pot is use for treatment but ciggy could cause cancer. And Cigarettes are so legal all over the world.
Medical marijuana has strong support from voters and health organizations. Marijuana contains an amazing chemical, beta-caryophyllene, and scientists have thoroughly proven that it could be used to treat pain and inflammation.
So what do you think? I hope I was able to enlighten your dark thoughts about Marijuana.

No comments: